The ASD4 Board of Education initiated a long-term goal setting process in Fall of 2017 with a request of the school district leadership team to identify critical areas of focus for ensuring opportunities for our children to be successful. After conducting a perception survey to receive feedback from stakeholders, the Board and the district leadership team met during an April 2018 goal-setting workshop to develop goals for the next five years.
The Board recognized that many of the survey responses spoke to the need to bring learning spaces to modern standards to improve the learning environment for our students and education staff. The Board's Building and Grounds Committee immediately went to work on a long-range plan to address these necessary facility renovations, which will continue for several years.
Here is a summary of this initiative:
- Secure vestibules at 5 schools
- Secure vestibule at Indian Trail Junior High
- Renovation of 40+ years old locker rooms at Indian Trail
- Classroom additions at Addison Early Learning Center
- Secure vestibule at Ardmore School
- Extensive renovations at Indian Trail including Student Support classrooms
- Classroom furniture pilots
- Creation of Innovative Learning Spaces at two elementary schools
- Renovation of Fine Arts wing at Indian Trail
- Classroom furniture enhancements
- Renovations throughout all schools (flooring, ceilings, lighting and classroom furniture)